Maps, Views, Projections
Default Map Scales
The first toolbar menu item is a dropdown menu for different geographic areas and map projections. The default view is always CONUS, which is a North Polar Steregraphic projection centered on the Continental United States.
Default projections and areas available in the menu
- N. Hemisphere (North Polar Stereographic)
- Regional (for the selected localization site)
- WFO (for the selected localization site)
- World - Mercator
- World - CED
- World - Mollweide
- GOES East Full Disk (Geostationary)
- GOES West Full Disk (Geostationary)
- Regional Mercator projections for
- Australia,New Zealand
- Pacific Ocean
- Puerto Rico
- South America
- WFO (Has a submenu which contains a map scale for every NWS localization site)
New Map Editor / View
File > New Map
Opens a new map editor tab with the default projection (CONUS Polar Stereographic).
This can also be done by right-click on any tab and selecting New Editor
File > New Projection
Create a new map projection.