Windows CAVE Start Up Error
One common error some users are seeing manifests itself just after selecting an EDEX server to connect to. The following error dialogs may show up:
These errors are actually happening because the Windows machine is using IPv6, which is not compatible with AWIPS at this time.
To fix the issue simply follow these steps:
Note: These screenshots may vary from your system.
1. Close all error windows and any open windows associated with CAVE.
2. In the Windows 10 search field, search for "control panel".
3. Once in the Control Panel, look for "Network and Sharing Center".
4. Select the adapter for your current connection (should be either "Ethernet" or "Wi-Fi").
5. Click on "Properties".
6. Uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and select OK.
7. Restart CAVE.