MetPy is a collection of tools in Python for reading, visualizing, and performing calculations with weather data.
MetPy is still in an early stage of development, and as such no APIs are considered stable. While we won’t break things just for fun, many things may still change as we work through design issues.
We support Python 2.7 as well as Python >= 3.4.
- MetPy was features on Episode 100 of Podcast.__init__
- Presentation on MetPy’s build infrastructure by Ryan May at SciPy 2016
- MetPy was included in tools presented at the SSEC/Wisconsin AOS Python Workshop
- Presentation on MetPy at the 2016 AMS Annual Meeting by Ryan May
- Ryan May’s talk and tutorial on MetPy at the 2015 Unidata Users Workshop